Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sweet Sleep

Well, I finally feel like a decent human being again. Who knew that I could be so angry and short-tempered and just unbearable all the time when I'm not getting proper rest? Whew. I feel bad, actually. I think I've apologized to B a number of times for my absurd crankiness.

Anyway, yesterday I had another Dr.'s appointment, in which they checked the cervix and did some cultures. She said that it felt and looked good and my blood work came back clean. I could just feel my shoulders relax and breathe a sigh of relief. It's the first real piece of information I've gotten other than, "You're pregnant." I think the more I know, the better off I'll be. I just want everything to be as it should, and healthy, and minimal complications. And it seems I'm on the right track! I'm so excited!

Oh, I finally snagged a picture of B's birthday present:

Cute, right? I knew he'd love them. I think now that I've gotten some rest and my hormones seem to have slightly evened out (I hope), that things will be better. I am so ecstatic about this baby and I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat... Oh! Yes! In a week from today is the first ultrasound (the dating ultrasound).. Some people say that it's a small size, but I just want to know that it's implanted in the right place and hear it's little heartbeat and I will be more than content.

This little peanut was such a surprise, but I cannot imagine me loving it any more than I already do. I want to know everything! But mostly, I want to take care of it and show it that the world may be scary sometimes, but I will always be there to support them whenever they need it.

And I also have a friend who is a week behind me. She's been having trouble remaining pregnant, but this time, I hope it works out for her. So if you're reading this (anyone), send a prayer out for her. She would be the very best mother. I'll continue to do so as well.

So, best wishes for sleeping.. So far the wedge and body pillow are my very best friends. I see the nutritionist soon, but the big ultrasound day is in a week.. Seven days of waiting to see my little peanut. I don't know how I can wait that long; let alone 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment