Monday, August 16, 2010

And Then...

And then... I have an amazing weekend. Hormones, how you sway me! Friday was great; slept in, relaxed, and then took a drive to this little Chinese buffet. My stomach had some issues, but I ended up with sesame chicken to die for. B had an assortment of things and even let me share his soft-serve vanilla ice cream. Mmm. Did I mention it was also his birthday?

I baked him a cake - devil's food cake - one with buttercream frosting and the other with milk chocolate frosting. I wasn't sure which one he'd like better. I also got him two Yankee's onesies for the baby - which is a huge concession, considering I am a die-hard Cubs fan. He knew what I was trying to relay though, and loved them. He even took pictures and sent them to our friends...

Friday night I also took pictures of the belly. It seems to be that I'm a bit big for six weeks. But my appt is on Thursday, so we'll see what they say then.


Saturday was a mostly rainy, relaxing day as well. We ended up going out to dinner with D&M and their baby, where 2/4 dinner companions had fish. I was trying to keep my stomach under control, but managed to eat my dinner without issue. Afterwards, we took them home and relaxed outside for another 30 minutes or so before going back home and watching Baby Mama. I've never seen it, but it was pretty cute. I also guessed the plot line/ending before it even was halfway through, but.. cute nonetheless.

Sunday, we took a drive to the farmer's market and bought fresh sweet corn, tomatoes, potatoes, plums, cherries, farm fresh eggs, and some home grown spices. We made a homemade spaghetti sauce yesterday afternoon and then had that with some garlic roasted fettuccine for dinner, with sweet corn, of course.

Just thinking about it is making me hungry again! But really, a great and relaxing weekend. I think it's just what I needed. B is being absolutely perfect. I even get belly rubs whenever he's free. And as far as moving back to the Midwest? I have to think about the peanut now too; what's in his/her best interest? And that can't be a snap decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment