Monday, January 27, 2014

Crochet

I'm pleased that I've learned a new skill set. I'm on project two of single crocheting a scarf. The first one had some mistakes, as I expected, but I was still proud of the finished product. The second scarf is for me, colors "Oceana". It's going to be long and narrow, able to be wrapped several times. I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out! There's a huge sense of accomplishment in making something by hand, that I can't adequately explain. I want to learn to double crochet next, followed by knitting. It'd be nice to be able to make pretty things. And eventually, I'd like to pass these skills on. I'm already working on a recipe book, making sure I document my 'signature' meals.

I'm thrilled with my progress so far. I've taken a small break from reading to crochet, but I will come back to it shortly. I can never stay away from a good story for too long.

Here's a picture of the first completed project, modeled by my toddler;




Happy Homemaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment