Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's a...

Turns out, I'm a horrible blogger. So much for documenting this pregnancy! I'm 31 weeks in now, and he.. (Yes, it's a boy!) is doing wonderfully. And I sort of read back through my previous entries, and if I thought I was round back then, I cannot imagine what I'd think now!

My relationship with B is going well; not without it's ups and downs, but that's every relationship. I think if I legitimately work at it (and he does too), we'll be alright. It's give and take, and of course it's not going to come without some effort. We've been talking a lot, enjoying our growing child, and working on making things work between us. It's been... well, really nice. I know I am not the easiest to get along with sometimes, but he still makes the effort. And I'm sure the monsoon of hormones didn't help in the beginning either. :)

Little B (since we haven't decided on a name yet) is my little mover and shaker. He's absolutely the most adorable thing I have ever seen -- and I haven't even met him face to face yet! I'm pretty sure all mothers feel this way about their child, but that's okay. And as if he knows I'm typing about him - he's bouncing all around. I cannot wait to meet him, and I cannot believe that I am in single digit weeks left. 9. Nine. As in, less than 10. I feel ridiculously unprepared. We have diapers and clothes, but.. I hope that I can give him everything his little heart desires. Not really in the, "I'm going to spoil you rotten" way, but in the, "I'm your mother and I want the very best for your life" way. Everyone gets nervous, right? But as I keep telling myself, if all of these people that I know can do this; I can do this. And he will be FINE. It's a mantra.

Next weekend is the baby shower back home in the Midwest. I'm hoping the weather holds up nicely, so that we'll have a safe trip there and back. The weekend coincides with my father's birthday as well, and I'd like to celebrate with him. Everyone seems really excited about Little B's arrival (not that I can blame them..) and that makes me feel relieved. I will have to report how the baby shower turns out - as it is being thrown by my mother and her side of the family - and that is always a story in itself.

But for now, here's a picture of the belly at 27 weeks - B and I need to take some more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment